Game 4: Protocase Debbie Ruiz Memorial Tournament
Score: CBU 88 NIP 60
Records: CBU 2-0, NIP 0-2
Location: Sullivan Fieldhouse, Sydney, NS
Sydney, NS – The Cape Breton University CAPERS won their second game of the weekend. They beat the Nipissing Lakers 88-60 for the victory. The CAPERS were led by a trio of local players. Toni Bianchini (Groves Point, NS) had 24 points, Mackenzee Ryan (Glace Bay, NS) had 18 and 5th-year veteran Hannah Brown (North Sydney, NS) had 14 points. Nipissing was led by Angeline Campbell with 20 in the loss.
Turning Point: The CAPERS broke open a tie game in the 3rdquarter with a 14-0 run at the end of the 3rdand beginning of the 4thquarters. The CAPERS outscored the Lakes 26-5 in the 4thquarter.
* CBU's Toni Bianchini led all scorers with 24 points
* Brown led all players with 15 rebounds
* Ryan led with 7 assists
* Toni Bianchini was awarded the Protocase Player of the Game for her efforts
News and Notes
- The Lakers fall to 0-2 for the tournament
- The CAPERS move to 2-0 for the weekend
- Toni Bianchini was awarded the Debbie Ruiz "Always A Champion Award" at the beginning of the game.
The CAPERS will next host rival St.Fx Cape on Sunday at 12 pm and the Citadens will play the University of Nipissing Lakers at 10 am.